Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time Traveler's Wife / Tooth Fairy / Hot Tub Time Machine

For some reason I found myself waking up early every day this weekend, so before I had any reason to leave the house to go to the gym or meet up with friends, I found myself tuning to HBO because ESPN is still depressing to me after what happened in the bowl game. So this is what was on...

-------------------------------------------
The Time Traveler's Wife

This is a movie that wants to be something special, but seriously with Eric Bana in the lead role did you expect anything else? Rachel McAdams does everything she can do to save this movie and make it worth watching, but the writing is so loose that you can drive a truck through the holes in the script that were not there in the book. Simply giving a guy a mullet, or adding gray hair, or making a woman's hair a different length doesn't pass for aging in my book. It has been done well in movies and poorly in others and this is a fine example of how not to do it.

I feel that giving this movie 3 Quacks is being generous, but maybe it is just because Rachel McAdams is so darn cute.

-------------------------------------------
Tooth Fairy

Seriously this movie is a just crap. Maybe the kids will like it, but adults should stay away from this movie. The hockey scenes aren't even any good. I just don't have the effort to say anything else bad about Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson

1 Quack and I am done with this one...

-------------------------------------------
Hot Tub Time Machine

Everyone told me that this movie was good. I finally gave it a shot and sure it has some funny one liners, but it wasn't as good as comedies in previous years. That being said, it was probably the best comedy of 2010 (not the best year for the category I guess). It will make you laugh, it will make you quote it with friends, but it won't make you miss the 80's.

I will give this one 3 Quacks because if it was on TV again I would probably stop to watch it again.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a Hot Tub Time Machine so I could go back in time to last year and actually win a playoff series. The Oregon Ducks might want to look into a Hot Tub Time Machine too and see if they could replay the BCS title game because they almost had them. Almost.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...